Hey everyone! Its been a while since I posted, but as you might have read in Shari's blog, we were out of town since last Friday. I won't go on and on about every detail, but overall, we had a really nice time with her her parents and sister.
To catch up, here are a few quick hit reviews on some of the entertainment from the long weekend:
1) We all watched the movie Fast Food Nation (based on the book), and it was totally not what I expected. I thought it was a satire comedy, kind of like a Thank You For Smoking (which I would give 4 stars) for the fast food industry. Instead it was a realistic drama about fast food, the cattle industry and illegal immigration. It was very serious and actually a bit gory (some disgusting cattle images). While it was good, I think it was a bit much and I would give it 3 stars.
2) Watched the first episode of the miniseries Planet Earth on the HD Discovery Channel. It was really, really good. The camera work and new technologies provided some amazing images in HD, and I was really blown away. Definitely worth checking out on regular TV, but a must if you have HD.
3) Watched the most recent episode of 24 with Shari's parents and I won't go into a lot of details, but what a crazy episode. A lot happened in the hour and the ending left me a bit confused. What is the president thinking?
4) Changed my mind and instead of reading Hannibal Rising, I started The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I heard about it because it is Oprah's Bookclub's latest selection, and while I'm generally not a huge Oprah fan, I thought the summary sounded really interesting. So far the book is totally engaging and I haven't been disappointed.
I think that hits the highlights. Tonight my plan is to relax, catch up on some TV that I missed (American Idol, Prison Break) and watch Lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment