Friday, March 30, 2007

Are you excited?


I was just reading an article on cnn.com about the cover art (pictured above) for the final book in the amazingly famous Harry Potter series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." I have to admit that I am both excited by the fact that the book will be out this summer (July 21st) and saddened by the fact that this will be the last one. I started reading the series (in order) around the time the 3rd (or 4th?) one was released, and I couldn't put them down. In no time at all, I was caught up and since then, I have anxiously awaited each new release. Now it will all come to an end. I know there are a lot of predictions (even a book) about what will happen in the final edition, but I am a bit of a purist and am trying to avoid any spoilers. I have a few things I would like to see happen in the end, but I think I will be happy with the finale as long the three main characters (Harry, Ron and Hermione) survive the entire series. I hate to admit it, but I'm too attached to them and it would be too depressing to have one of them not make it. Overall, the entire series has been great and whatever happens, I have a feeling that J.K. Rowling knows what she is doing. I know its months away and I have to calm down, but I can't wait until the book hits the shelves (my copy is already reserved at Barnes and Noble).

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm soooooo exicited tooooo! I think I will try and re-read all 6 before the 7ths comes out! I can't wait.

Dan said...

I was thinking about doing the same thing!