I enjoy watching movies, but this weekend was a bit of a rarity. I watched 3 movies in 3 days, and thought I'd give my quick opinions on all of them.
First up, Friday night Shari and I went and saw the movie Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. As "chick flicks" go, I'd say this one was pretty good. I have to admit it made me laugh and it definitely did a good job of making fun of 80's music (not one of my favorite decades musically). If you have to see a date movie, I would recommend this one.
Saturday I watched Half Nelson, a movie starring Ryan Gosling as an inner city teacher with some personal demons. He actually won an Independent Spirit award (the indie movie Oscars) as Best Actor for the role. The movie was good but pretty serious. My one criticism (without giving too much away) is that the ending wasn't everything I thought it could be. Anyways, I would recommend this one too.
Lastly, Sunday I watched Hollywoodland with Ben Affleck, Adrien Brody and Diane Lane. Of course, if you've heard anything about this movie, the big talk was about the fact that Ben Affleck could actually act. I would agree as this was a very well done, period piece about Hollywood. It reminded me a bit of one of my all time favorite movies, L.A. Confidential.
Overall, I would give all three movies 4 stars (out of 5) and as a bonus, I'll tell you L.A. Confidential is a 5 star film. Enjoy!
Monday, March 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment