Every year since 2000, I've taken songs from cds I bought that were released during a given year and created a "NEW MUSIC" cd. I use it as a personal mix and share it with Shari so she can hear what I've been listening to lately. Well, after some delay, I finally sat down and completed my "New Music 2006" cd tonight. Overall, I'd say my musical taste runs in the realm of modern rock/alternative/emo with a bit of acoustic and pop thrown in. In a future post I'll delve a bit more into my slightly ridiculous collection and tastes, but for now, here's the New Music 2006 track listing:
1 – Snow (Hey Oh) – Red Hot Chili Peppers
2 – I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor – Arctic Monkeys
3 – Welcome To The Black Parade – My Chemical Romance
4 – Gone – Pearl Jam
5 – All My Days – Alexi Murdoch
6 – Nothing Left To Lose – Matt Kearney
7 – For Us – Pete Yorn
8 – Try Too Hard – Teddy Geiger
9 – Naïve – The Kooks
10 – Think I’m In Love - Beck
11 – Black Swan – Thom Yorke
12 – Love Like Winter – A.F.I.
13 – Anna Molly – Incubus
14 – Face Down – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
15 – MakeDamnSure – Taking Back Sunday
16 – Trees – Marty Casey and Lovehammers
17 – Steady, As She Goes – The Raconteurs
18 – Read My Mind – The Killers
19 – Dusk And Summer – Dashboard Confessional
20 – 9 Crimes – Damien Rice
And 8 songs and artists that just wouldn't fit on an 80 minute cd:
Sowing Season – Brand New
Heartbeats – Jose Gonzalez
Run – Ben Kweller
Gone Gone Gone – John Ralston
Eulogy – Saves The Day
Taking Back Control – Sparta
POD – Tenacious D
We Will Overcome – Thursday
1 comment:
Sounds like a great mix! (well, at least the 4 songs I know already do...) Can't wait to listen to my copy!
Post a Comment