Yesterday was a lazy quiet day (Shari had to work), so I decided to watch a movie or two I had gotten from Netflix. I started out with Broken Flowers starring Bill Murray. This is where the funny story begins... I had rented the movie from Netflix once before, but didn't think I had watched any of it. As I started the movie, it seemed very familiar. I just assumed I had started the movie when I had previously rented it, but as it went on and on, I remembered more and more. I couldn't remember the ending, so I still assumed I had stopped the movie part way through the first time. By the very end, I realized I had watched the whole thing and just not remembered any of it. Ooops! Anyways, the movie was good but not great, and since I didn't remember it from the first time around, I have to give it only 3 stars.
Since I felt let down by the fact that I had seen all of Broken Flowers before, I decided to watch Dreamland. I hadn't heard much about this movie, but the preview I saw before some other movie made it look interesting. As it says on the Netflix summary, the "atmospheric drama follows the fortunes of three tattered souls living in a New Mexico mobile-home community." Overall, the movie was decent, but strongly focused on the two teen girls and their love interest and less on the community as a whole. I probably should have read a few more summaries as they talk about the focus being on the relationships, but I didn't and because of this, I was a little disappointed. In the end, the movie was still interesting, and I would give Dreamland a 3 star rating too.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment