Sunday, March 25, 2007

Starbucks and a good book

Originally Shari and I were going to go Maine for maple sugar today, but we ended up deciding it was going to be a lot of driving for a Sunday before a busy week. Instead, we decided to do something fun and more local, and since we were both feeling a little lazy, we decided to hit up the Starbucks in Davis Square and read for the afternoon. I got a non-fat venti mocha (tasty!) and Shari got something that she ordered with about thirty words (I'm only slightly exaggerating).

We then sat down and read for about 2 hours. Shari was reading magazines (Budget Travel is the one I remember), and I was finishing Love Is A Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield. The book is Sheffield's autobiography set to mix tapes he made during different periods of his life. While parts of the story are sad and some of the music he talked about was unfamiliar to me, the story is definitely worth reading. If you enjoy music and music culture, I would recommend the book.


1 comment:

Robyn said...

sounds like a perfect afternoon.