If you read the other blogs that are in the links on the right, you will notice that most of my friends are hooked on American Idol. I now have to admit that I am too. What amazes me about this show is how HUGE it is, and how it takes people who don't even love all of the music and sucks them in. In the future, I'll take the time to vent on some of my major issues with the show (length of episodes, terrible themes, Paula Abdul), but for now I'll just give my opinions on some of the contestants.Melinda and Lakisha - By far, the best singers/performers in the competition and both could easily be finalists. The one issue I see approaching is that they are quite similar in voice, song selection and performance and their votes could end up being split. Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if one went out with about 5 contestants left.
Blake - While I'm not sure what to think about him, I think the judges really like him. He's different than any other idol I can remember and Taylor Hick's complete opposite. If I had to pick now, I would guess the finals are going to be Blake vs. Melisha/Lakinda.
Gina and Chris S - These two are my personal favorites and ideal finalists. The both have a modern feel and great personalities, and both should do fine if the show themes give them better song choices. Let's be honest, you had to know neither would excel on Diana Ross night.
Sanjaya - I'll try to be nice, but the sooner he goes the better. How much do you think the judges regret putting him through to public voting stage of the competition? He makes me glad I DVR the show. I love that I can fast forward through most of his song then stop to listen to Paula praise his cute look and great personality. He'll probably stick around a while - look how far Chicken Little made it - but I will celebrate when he is booted. (Ok, maybe that wasn't so nice.)
Brandon and Haley - Two of the weaker singers left. Unfortunately for them, they will probably get Chicken Littled and go before Sanjaya. No one deserves that fate.
The rest are the middle of the pack and overall, not that interesting. I would have to say this season hasn't started off all that strong. Let's hope for a more contemporary theme next week!
1 comment:
I was pretty close with my guesses last night. Brandon went just as I thought he would, and Phil was in the bottom three instead of Haley, but even that doesn't really surprise me.
Post a Comment