Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My cd obsession...

I love buying new cds! Shari has been collecting the Newbury Comics Pint Glasses. She hadn't gotten the St. Patricks Day one yet, so on Monday, I used that as an excuse to go to the Newbury in Burlington during my lunch. While I was there, I bought 2 new cds: Gym Class Heroes - "As Cruel As School Children" and Corinne Bailey Rae - "Corinne Bailey Rae". I bought the first one because I really like the song "Cupid's Chokehold" and heard the cd as a whole was good. The second one was really for Shari, but we'll be combining our cd collections soon enough. Besides, Corinne Bailey Rae's music relaxes me and cheers me up.

As if Monday wasn't enough, yesterday I again went over to Newbury (having one this close is a bad thing). This time my goal was the new Modest Mouse cd "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank". Their last cd "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" was really good and I heard that the new cd was more of the same. So far, I'm really enjoying all 3 new purchases.

Now I'll tell you a little more about my cd obsession. To most normal people, buying 3 cds in 2 days might seem like a lot, but as I alluded to in my New Music 2006 post, I have a collection that seems to always be growing. With the new additions (only counting Modest Mouse and Gym Class Heroes for now), I now own 427 cds! All of these are full legal versions (no burned discs here) and I see no slowing up in the near future. I love buying cds and the whole downloading or iTunes thing doesn't interest me. I like full albums and having something tangible in hand for the money I spend.

Owning that many cds makes people ask a lot of questions, so I promise to delve deeper into the details of my collection in the future. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I have a specific question...where are we going to put all of them? :)

Robyn said...

you guys are going to need an extra bedroom just for cds and dvds. you realize that, right?