Monday, April 23, 2007

For Your Consideration

Shari and I watched For Your Consideration on Friday night. For those who haven't heard of this movie, it was directed by Christopher Guest, who has directed Waiting For Guffman, Best In Show and A Mighty Wind. All of these movies have a general plot defined (in this case an indie film generating Oscar buzz), but the individual scenes are all highly improvised by the cast. Guest uses a lot of the same actors in his movies. (Because of the improv?) Overall, I think the feel and humor of the films is something you either like or don't like. I enjoy it, but Shari, as we learned on Friday, did not. I think its definitely worth checking out at least one of Guest's movies to see if is your style of humor, and if you haven't seen any, I would recommend starting with Best In Show or A Mighty Wind. I thought both were a bit funnier than For Your Consideration, but if you have seen and enjoyed either of these, you will probably enjoy this one too. In the end, I thought this film could have been funnier and I would only give it 3 stars.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I give it NO stars! Ok, maybe 2...just maybe.