
Yes, I am one of those crazy football fans that looks forward to the NFL draft. Yes, I am one of those crazy football fans that will sit on my couch as much as humanly possible this weekend to watch as college players find their professional homes. Yes, I am one of those crazy football fans that will wait anxiously while my team is on the clock to pick its players of the future.
Ok, more seriously, the NFL draft is a once a year event that again shows the dominance of this league in the United States. The NFL is in the middle of its off-season while 2 other leagues (if you can still count the NHL) are in the playoffs, yet ESPN has spent more time this week talking draft than anything else. That is amazing to me. Two days of inaction in NY are more popular than playoff series around the country. Even in Red Sox crazy Boston, the draft is getting more talk on sports radio than the 3 game series with the Yankees. Wow!
Now, on to my Buffalo Bills and their draft strategy. I see three big need positions going in - running back, linebacker and cornerback. Since I think the top RB (Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma) and LB (Patrick Willis, Mississippi) will be gone by the time Buffalo picks at #12, I would like to see them draft either of the top two CBs, Darelle Revis (Pittsburgh) or Leon Hall (Michigan). I would love them to move up and grab Peterson, but I think it might cost them too much and instead they can look fo one of the second tier running backs in the second or third rounds.
Whatever happens, I'll be tuned in to as much as possible and will provide an update on Monday. GO BILLS!
No comments:
Post a Comment