Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Trust The Man

I didn't realize how far behind I was in posting - I actually watched this movie last Friday.

Shari and I spent Friday night relaxing and watching Trust The Man on DVD. The movie was about two couples who are going through some difficult times in their relationships. The one couple, David Duchovny and Julianne Moore, are married with children and are struggling with issues including work and infidelity. The other couple, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Billy Crudup, have been dating for years and are dealing with the ideas of settling down and having family. I know it doesn't sound like a truly interesting or exciting movie, but I thought it was really well done. The acting was very good and you could definitely felt the emotion of the relationships. Because of this, you could relate to some of their struggles even if you didn't have similar experiences to draw on. Although it wasn't well reviewed by the critics, I would give this movie 4 stars and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a drama about relationships and romance.

No comments: