Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Good TV

Today seems like a good day to provide updates on a few of my favorite TV shows.

I'll start with Lost. 2 weeks ago was the Nikki/Paulo episode that had a really dark ending. While I thought the episode on its own was good, it did very little to move the plot of the series forward and in some ways felt like a filler episode. That was not the case last week when we learned more of Kate's backstory. I thought it was interesting how yet again the survivor's lives before the crash were tied together (this time with another link between Sawyer and Kate). Also, the on island experience with Juliet and Kate was definitely interesting. I like Juliet and want to trust her (as it seems Jack does) but I'm not sure we can yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when everyone is reunited on the beach. I'm also dying to know where The Others went, how they escaped and whether the crash survivors will try to use the abandoned village for themselves. Maybe I'll get a few answers tomorrow...

On to 24... Last nights episode was action packed and really interesting. I liked the presidents move to get more information, but I'm getting a little tired of his weakness and injuries. I'm just hoping we don't have to sit through another move for power by the vice president. I thought it was interesting how quickly the whole nuclear threat situation seem to be wrapped up, but I like the fact that Jack went in there and just kicked some butt. On a final note, while I saw the last minute twist coming (or at least guessed the character would be back), it was exciting and I can't wait to see where the series heads from here. I wouldn't mind seeing Jack doing some more crazy killing. I guess that again I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: