3 years ago, I had no true alliance to a baseball team. I had claimed to be a Mets fan growing up, but truly, my family and I did not really follow baseball. I just had never gotten into the game, but everything started change when I moved to Boston. As most of you probably know, Boston is crazy for its Red Sox, and I moved here just as they were about to win the World Series so things were even crazier. With the atmosphere and Red Sox love everywhere, it was hard not to get attached. So, after living here for 2 and half years, I am now a member of the Red Sox nation. I follow their records, stats and schedule, their players, their off season and I enjoy watching their games (on TV or at Fenway). I'm sure there are some die hard fans around that would say I'm just a newbie, pink hat or fair weather fan, but I would still follow them even it they fell to last place. To prove my point, my favorite football team is the Buffalo Bills, and even with their struggles, I still love them. I feel the same kind of allegiance growing for the Red Sox.So, tomorrow is the home opener and the Sox are coming into Fenway at 3 and 3. My prediction? Tomorrow is the day for them to turn it on and start dominating on their way to another World Series championship. GO SOX!
2 comments:
I would love you even if you wore a pink hat. Although then I might not sit next to you at Fenway. :)
Let's hope JV can figure out how to play baseball pretty soon!
tomorrow is a big day in red sox nation. go sox!
Post a Comment