Wednesday, April 18, 2007

American Idol

Country night was definitely better than I expected given the contestants still performing. Since I was truly surprised and the numbers are getting down, I figured today would be a good day to give my thoughts on each contestant before making predictions.

- Melinda - Last night she picked a good song for herself, looked younger and portrayed more personality.
- Jordan - Continues to move up the board in my predictions. Every week she picks a good song and gives a great performance.
- Blake - Continues to show he can sing and perform, but I didn't love his song last night.
- Lakisha - Her worst performance yet last night. It seems like she might be running out of steam and the emergence of Jordan sets her chances back.
- Phil - Had his best performance of the competition. If he's a country singer, why hasn't he shown it in previous episodes? We knew Carrie Underwood and Bucky Covington were a country singers long before their country themed episode.
- Chris - Another rough night for him with a tough song choice. I hope his best wishes for the people of Virginia Tech wasn't just a move to get sympathy votes.
- Sanjaya - What can I say? His singing and "performances" are terrible. I feel bad for everyone that gets eliminated before him. I'm hoping the idea of voting for him is starting to wear off and that maybe he'll be back in the bottom three soon.

Ok - My predictions:
Bottom Three - Chris, Phil, Lakisha
Bottom Two - Chris, Lakisha
Out - Chris

No comments: