I watched the comedy Idocracy last night as I was trying to get over a sore throat and cough that have plagued me since Saturday morning. The goal was to have a diversion to help me forget about the annoyance of my illness. Well, my plan back fired. I won't blame it all on the movie (my throat is still sore today), but I will say that it didn't do a great job of entertaining me.Why did I have hopes that this movie (that most people have never heard of) would be decent?
1) Directed by Mike Judge who also directed the truly funny Office Space
2) Starring Luke Wilson who can be pretty funny (see Old School)
3) Plot about an average man who wakes up after being frozen for 500 years to find that he is the smartest man on Earth because the stupid have bred faster
Unfortunately, my hope for some good laughs was never fulfilled. The movie was alright (and I still think the plot could provide some hilarious moments), but overall, I was left disappointed. The acting was average and Luke Wilson never did anything truly funny. Most of the potential comedy was based around the "Idocracy" of future America, and it just didn't amuse me as it was intended too. Anyways, maybe this movie gets punished a bit for being the first comedy I saw after the top notch comedy in Knocked Up, but I can only give it 3 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment