Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Catching up

Its been a while since I last posted, but life has been pretty busy. I spent 2 days (Friday and Saturday) with Shari's family celebrating Robin's High School graduation. The ceremony was nice and she did an excellent job in speaking to recognize her senior class advisor, but there were some high and low points to the event. The two lows of the event were the extremely boring (and confusing) speaker from the school board and the teachers who continuously snatched up the beach balls the graduates were hitting around. The highlight was a funny speech by one of the students to wrap up the ceremony. He ended his speak by going "Howard Dean" with the names of colleges students were heading off to. Very funny! Congratulations again Robin!

Sunday was spent relaxing and catching up on sleep. Sunday night I watched a few episodes of Next Food Network Star. The show is a cooking and personality contest to see who will win the chance to host a new show on the Food Network. It reminded me of Bravo's Project Runway but with food instead of clothes, and was actually pretty good. Being on Food Network also allows a lot of good guest judges (Paula Deen, Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis) which adds to the show's appeal. I won't seek out this show to DVR it, but I would be interested in seeing how things progress if I catch it again.

That pretty much catches you up on my weekend.

No comments: