People who don't bother buying music or cds anymore must think I'm crazy, but I bought 2 new cds today that I'm really excited about. They both were released yesterday and they are both by bands I really like.

First up, the one more of you have probably heard of: The
Whites Stripes'
Icky Thump. I really like the White Stripes and their blend of new, old and unique sounds. I'm sure most people have heard at least one song by them, but if not check out their
MySpace page for the songs
Icky Thump and
The Hardest Button To Button . I've only listened to the cd once, but so far, its meeting my expectations. Jack White rules (he's also part of
The Raconteurs)!

Second, the new cd
The Needles The Space by
Straylight Run. I really like Straylight Run and I've been waiting for new music by them for a while. I'd already listened to a bunch of their new songs on their
MySpace page, but hearing the cd has been great. I've already listened to it twice and at this point I could just leave it on repeat. For those who have never heard their music, check them out. They are a band of 4 who sing a mixture of mellow alternative or emo music with the lead vocal duties shared by brother and sister pair of John Nolan and Michelle DaRosa. In the past year, I've probably listened to their cds as much or more than anyone else's. On a final note, Shari and I are going to see them at Axis in Boston next week. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment