Monday, June 4, 2007

Boy's Weekend

I'm back from a busy, action packed weekend in upstate NY (Albany and Lake George area), and figured I'd provide a quick recap of my friend Brian's bachelor party weekend.

Friday Night - We all met up at the Albany Pump Station, had a couple beers and ate some dinner. After a very good meal (I recommend the Pump Station Burger), we all went to a hotel and checked in. The rest of the evening was spent out a couple of bars (The Bayou Cafe and McGeary's)where a fair quantity of alcohol was concerned.

Saturday Morning - After about 2 hours of sleep, we all got up and headed north to Lake George for a fishing charter with Lockhart Charter Fishing. It was a lot of fun with people catching rock bass, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass and a couple of pike.

Saturday Afternoon - A quick lunch at an A&W Rootbeer Stand and then a drive to Route 4 Paintball. We spent a good three hours locked in 3 vs. 3 paintball conflict on a number of different fields and I have the bruises to prove it. The paintballs sting a bit and leave a mark where you get hit, but playing was A LOT of fun! It was also nice because the crowd was small (we didn't have to compete with others or wait for fields) and referees were very friendly to a bunch of newbies who had never really played before.

Saturday Night - Exhaustion took over and we all napped, cleaned up, got a quick dinner and crashed at the hotel.

Sunday Morning & Afternoon - We all slept until 9 and had breakfast at the hotel. After we made our way to Albany Indoor Rockgym (AIR) for some climbing. I've climbed 2 other times in my life and always enjoy it. It was a really cool gym, but I do have to admit that busy weekend and my overall conditioning started to take a toll. After a few good climbs, my abilities and strength went downhill quickly. After everyone had enough climbing, we all got into the AIR caves (the nation's only indoor cave system) and tried to make our way to an overhead zipline. After an hour or so of exploring, we all gave up without success. The caves were dark and very confusing to navigate, but it was a really cool feature and a lot of fun. After a quick late lunch of pizza, I made my way back to Boston.

All in all, it was a great weekend with a lot of fun "boy" activities. It was definitely worth the trip and it was good to see Brian.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a super fun and very manly weekend! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I bet you could use a few more days to recouperate though!

Robyn said...

you look like you were beaten within an inch of your life. the bruises are just proof that you were actually there i guess! :)