Thursday, June 14, 2007

#1 Song on This Date in History

I've got to give the Best Week Ever Website props for finding this amusing website. It will tell you the #1 song on the Billboard charts for any date in history (back to the 1890's).

For example:
Day I was born: "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer
Day my brother was born:
"Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes
Day Shari and I started dating: "Candle in the Wind 1997 / Something About the Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John
Day I joined the Air Force: "Burn" by Usher

Its interesting, but unlike the Best Week Ever posting, I don't see much relevance between those moments and these songs. (At least I hope "Bad Girls" doesn't have any relevance to my birth!)

1 comment:

Shari said...

"I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor was the song on the day I was born! That website is super cool - good find!