Shari and I watched 2 movies this weekend and since I'm playing catch up today, I wanted to post quick reviews:

First up,
The Break-Up starring
Jennifer Aniston and
Vince Vaughn. This movie was a romantic comedy about a couple who break up but both refuse to move out of their shared condo. The movie was very average. It wasn't really funny or romantic, and the characters were not very interesting. While there were a few moments when I chuckled, the movie overall left me wanting something more. I think the original plot idea had some potential, but the film did not take advantage. I would give The Break-Up 3 stars.

Next, Shari, Robyn, Sarah and I watched
Happy Feet. This was a computer animated movie about penguins who sing and the one outcast who is unable to do so. If you have ever seen
Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer, you know the plot. The misfit is outcast by his society, goes out on his own and makes new friends, and in the end, returns to become the hero. In my opinion, Happy Feet was not a very good movie. The plot, dialog, characters and singing were all really silly and I could not
believe that this movie won an
Academy Award. Its competition,
Cars, was a much better film. I can barely think about this movie, so I will just rate it... with 2 1/2 stars. Not quite bad, but definitely not good.
No comments:
Post a Comment