Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Maine weekend

As I mentioned in my previous post, Shari and I went to Maine with some friends for the weekend. We stayed in a small house right along the coast and just a few steps from the beach in Wells, Maine. It was a nice relaxing weekend and we had a lot of fun. A quick weekend recap:

We didn't get up there until after 7 on Friday night, so we didn't do too much that night. We went out to dinner at Mike's Clam Shack which was nearby and allowed everyone to get the seafood they were in the mood for. Overall, I think people thought that the food was good but nothing too special. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing, drinking some wine and playing the Wii that one of the couples brought with them.

Saturday was a very relaxing day. We all got up and had waffles that Kate made for breakfast (yum!). Then we all went for a walk on the beach. For lunch, we went to the Maine Diner. The food was good but not great (again) and I was surprised that I had heard so much about the place (mostly through The Phantom Gourmet). After lunch, the group split and some the ladies went to the grocery store while the boys went back to the house. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing, walking the beach and napping. That evening we made dinner (bratwurst, corn on the cob and salad) and margaritas. We spent the night drinking and playing Apples to Apples. It was fun!

Sunday everyone got up and started packing and cleaning up. We left the house around noon, and on the way home, Shari and I stopped at the Stonewall Kitchen factory store and a Crate and Barrel outlet store in Kittery, Maine. Overall, it was a great weekend and I would definitely go back and spend some more time in Maine.

No comments: