As Shari mentioned in a previous post, Universal Studios has been working on a deal to bring the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to Universal Studios Orlando. Well, it looks like this deal is now official (USA Today article), and the park will open in 2009. According to the article, Hogwarts, The Forbidden Forrest and Hogsmeade will all be featured in this new park, and it looks like a lot of effort will be put into making the park feel realistic and magical while keeping things exciting.What parts of the Harry Potter Universe would you like to see in the park? My votes would be for:
A Diagon Alley shopping area with a special gate to get in
A Quidditch Roller Coaster
Characters that move in pictures and paintings on the walls
While I think this park could be really cool if done properly, I could also see it falling flat if it is too child oriented or feels too fake. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, but what do you think?
2 comments:
I wonder what butter beer will taste like?
I don't have too many thoughts on how it would look since I never been to a theme park other than six flags in Denver. Maybe Sean and I should plan a trip to Florida to see all that stuff.
i think it's a pretty cool idea, so long as it is executed well. should we already book our trip??
Post a Comment