Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Simpsons Movie

After a quick dinner at Chili's, a group of us went and saw The Simpsons Movie last night. I consider myself a Simpsons fan, but haven't kept up with the more recent (and not quite as good) seasons. Most of the reviews for the movie version have been good (currently at 89% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes), but I wasn't completely sure what to expect from the film. In the end, I found this to be an enjoyable, funny movie. The plot was ridiculous enough to be a Simpsons episode, and the jokes and gags took me back to the good old days of the show. There was even a great opening where the family went to see an Itchy and Scratchy movie, and Homer complained about having to pay to see something he can watch at home on TV for free. I'm not going to go into much more detail with this plot because you are either a Simpsons fan who wants to see this or you aren't, so a detailed review won't really change your mind. If you are on the fence, I would say see this movie. I would give it 4 stars and definitely would watch it again on DVD.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

i knew you'd really like it. and how good was spider pig??