Remember David Duchovney from his X-Files days? Well, he's back on TV, and this time he's playing a womanizing novelist with writer's block on the new Showtime program Californication. Yes, Hank Moody is quite a departure from Fox "The Truth is Out There" Mulder, and so far, I'm not sure what to think of him or this program. Both the new show and the main character are very dark and kind of depressing, yet somehow sympathetic and interesting. In one scene, Moody is in the throes of fairly graphic passion with a woman, and in the next he is rushing to his teenage daughter's rescue at a party. I'm not sure about Shari (who thinks the sex is a bit much and over the top), but at this point I need to see more, and I'm sure I'll be sticking around for at least the first season. For some reason, I feel the need to see how Moody continues to screw up his life while struggling to reconnect with his ex and daughter and write a new novel.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Californication
Again, a post I meant to write last week as Shari and I checked out a new TV show.
Remember David Duchovney from his X-Files days? Well, he's back on TV, and this time he's playing a womanizing novelist with writer's block on the new Showtime program Californication. Yes, Hank Moody is quite a departure from Fox "The Truth is Out There" Mulder, and so far, I'm not sure what to think of him or this program. Both the new show and the main character are very dark and kind of depressing, yet somehow sympathetic and interesting. In one scene, Moody is in the throes of fairly graphic passion with a woman, and in the next he is rushing to his teenage daughter's rescue at a party. I'm not sure about Shari (who thinks the sex is a bit much and over the top), but at this point I need to see more, and I'm sure I'll be sticking around for at least the first season. For some reason, I feel the need to see how Moody continues to screw up his life while struggling to reconnect with his ex and daughter and write a new novel.
Remember David Duchovney from his X-Files days? Well, he's back on TV, and this time he's playing a womanizing novelist with writer's block on the new Showtime program Californication. Yes, Hank Moody is quite a departure from Fox "The Truth is Out There" Mulder, and so far, I'm not sure what to think of him or this program. Both the new show and the main character are very dark and kind of depressing, yet somehow sympathetic and interesting. In one scene, Moody is in the throes of fairly graphic passion with a woman, and in the next he is rushing to his teenage daughter's rescue at a party. I'm not sure about Shari (who thinks the sex is a bit much and over the top), but at this point I need to see more, and I'm sure I'll be sticking around for at least the first season. For some reason, I feel the need to see how Moody continues to screw up his life while struggling to reconnect with his ex and daughter and write a new novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will say that I like the story line about his relationship with his ex and his daughter, but the sex is just gratuitous. I don't need to see any more naked women...thank you very much.
Post a Comment