Monday, August 6, 2007

Fun with Dick and Jane

I watched the movie Fun with Dick and Jane over the weekend. If you haven't heard of this movie, it stars Jim Carrey (Dick) and Tea Leoni (Jane) as an unemployed upper class couple who resort to robbery after they can not find other work.
I had DVRed this movie off of one of the movie channels, but I'm not exactly sure what inspired me to do so. It probably was Jim Carrey, who I really liked in his early comedies, including the ridiculous Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber. Unfortunately, this movie did not take me back to those days. The plot and comedy in this film were not all that entertaining, and even when you could see that Carrey was ad-libbing his scenes and lines, it wasn't that funny. Overall, it was a watchable movie, but not one that made me laugh. I would give it 3 stars.

No comments: