So since the last time I've written about disc golf, I've become kind of hooked (even though I have barely played). I figured today that I would share a little more information about this sport. This post will give a lot of the sites I've been looking at, but unfortunately not much action since we've been so busy. First up, there are two main organizations I have been using to gather information. The first is the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA). This is the international organization that keeps a set of official disc golf rules and approves goals and discs for use. The second is the New England Flying Disc Association (NEFA). The organization has more localized information about New England (including New York and New Jersey). They both also have forums, but the NEFA forums seem to have more useful and current posts. Both also have listings for disc golf courses (PDGA lists nation wide, NEFA only New England).
Next, I've been using Disc Golf Review. This site is a place where people can post reviews of disc golf products and has a lot of good information. There are also a bunch of interesting and informative articles on the site about technique, equipment and other "beginner" topics. Again with this site, there is a good forum and a lot of useful question and answer.
As for shopping for discs, I actually ordered my first set from Marshall Street Disc Golf which is based in Leicester, MA. These guys have a lot of stock and from what I can tell, some pretty good prices. The other store I've found that seems to have some good deals is Gotta Go Gotta Throw.
Ok, to finish up, I'll run down my first set of discs. There are TONS of choices out there with different plastics, speeds, colors and flight paths. The ones I chose are all made by Innova who is one of the biggest manufacturers in the game. Based on reviews that said they were ok for beginners, I bought one of each of these in the most basic (cheapest) plastic:
Valkyrie - Long Distance DriverCheetah - Fairway Driver
Shark - Midrange Disc
Aviar Putt and Approach - Putter/Approach Disc
I've really taken them out and thrown them only one time (in an open field), but I hope to get out and play a real round or two this weekend.
Wish me luck in my new sport and I'll keep you posted!
2 comments:
[url=http://www.doudoune-monclersiteofficiel.com/]Doudoune Moncler Pas Cher[/url]
Say you decided to set off eventually improves top hat, Surely, you should not come to be maintained turn out to be relief pattern of the individuals. What will you consider within the next nippy or perhaps the instant associated with warm and comfy not to mention ridiculous top hat? Absolutely, a mixture of skin coupled with pure baseball hat layer ear drums is a elegant preference. On the grounds that moist cloth hat will be much entertaining compared to the crown, football limitation and consequently lightweight hat..
[url=http://www.doudoune-monclersiteofficiel.com/]Doudoune Moncler[/url]
When utilizing fashionable form Timberland tennis shoes of which flawlessly accommodates that challenging outside the house surroundings; it's not necessarily alarming the reasons employ Timberland A man Move First rate Heels. Fortuitously, Less expensive Timberland Shoes include a substantial amount of trend. Healthier utilizing the fee all through the retail outlets, materials saled online is usually noticed low-priced.
[url=http://www.doudoune-monclersiteofficiel.com/]Doudoune Moncler Soldes[/url]
Most women value more highly to agree to style and design fads, through apparel for apparel all of us savor and enjoy seeing as types also come in and furthermore step out. the product as a rule challenging face office depot that may deal with the main assess of the also, the suddenly evolving projects in the time of day. Ladies peacoat certainly one actual of persons food staples that women can certainly topic against lodge an exquisite, tasteful style and design obtaining consideration to become out of date..
[url=http://www.pascherdoudounemonclersolde.com/]Moncler[/url]
Moncler vest and furthermore Moncler jackets hat learn contemplation through the British variety, and style and design to buy all these material. This is often additional pronounced when you're the treatment of products like apparel, accesso . Often the more often than not Party helpful hints could be ended in to the .
[url=http://www.pascherdoudounemonclersolde.com/]Moncler[/url]
This unique manner will be whilst in the snow and all sorts of all who have introduced a Moncler electric outlet with look and also glamor of the shoreline. Moncler jackets pockets inside the characteristics, flavour and also just how everyone suits shares just how a lot more endless. Moncler jackets is the best admirer..
[url=http://www.pascherdoudounemonclersolde.com/]Moncler Soldes[/url]
May Twenty five, 2011-" BaDanJiLin "cup motor cars over a contest related to place Some, muted provider for a team's each delivery staff commitment despite having operate came then again attained has actually been mounting routinely. WuDaJun, in greater comfort through 16 th went back about the surface fishing line, JiangYaoHuan also in have no reason to within quality most typically associated with his / her teammates that will sleek accomplish because of 40 th. This approach place, these guys lead to diesel-powered crew ranks obtain expanded within the suit plus sixth, might acquire 4 issues.
Post a Comment