Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

Sean and I went and saw the The Bourne Ultimatum last night, and I really enjoyed the movie. I think the Bourne series has definitely become one of my favorite action movie series. If you aren't familiar with the premise, Matt Damon plays Jason Bourne, a brainwashed assassin who is trying to regain his memory and figure out his past as he runs from the government and other assassins. The difference between these movies and a lot of other action films is the plot. The action is fast and furious, but the storyline is one that pulls you in and makes you care about the outcome. The Bourne Ultimatum did an excellent job of continuing this trend. It has a number of great action sequences that are strung together with an intriguing plot in which Bourne finally finds out the truth about his life. I won't give away the story, but if you have seen the first 2 movies, it is definitely worth checking out the third one. It was a very good action movie (the best I've seen this summer), and I would give it 4 stars. Also, if you've never seen a Bourne movie but enjoy action films (even a little), you should check them out, starting with The Bourne Identity.

No comments: