Well, I am happy to say that on Tuesday, a brand new Smashing Pumpkins cd was released. While Zeitgeist only includes half of the original lineup (Corgan, and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin), it sounds like a Smashing Pumpkins record and immediately took me back to my high school days. So far, I would say that Zeitgeist is good (not great) and that it definitely rocks. If you enjoyed Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie, then you will probably enjoy this. I'm usually skeptical when a band reunites without all of its original parts, but this time it seems to have worked. Its at least worth checking out a song or two over at their MySpace page.One final (semi-related) note, Dictionary.com defines Zeitgeist as: the spirit of the time; general trend of thought or feeling characteristic of a particular period of time.
1 comment:
Thanks for the background on the band - I didn't actually know all of that. I enjoyed listening to it with you last night...
Post a Comment