Thursday, July 19, 2007

Movie Channels On Demand

As I mentioned in the previous post, Shari and I now have a number of movie channels, and along, with them, comes On Demand. While I'm excited about having so many movies available at any given time, I'm probably just as excited about have the great shows on Showtime and HBO available. Here's the top shows I'm looking forward to checking out (without having to rent earlier seasons/episodes):

HBO -
John From Cincinnati - The ratings and review for this one have been all over the map, so I feel like I need to check it out for myself. At least one episode! (EW Review)
Flight of the Conchords - This is supposed to be a really funny show about a New Zealand duo trying to make it in New York. (EW Review)

Showtime -
Dexter - A well reviewed show about a serial killer, sounds interesting!
Meadowlands - A community built for families in the witness protection program. Again, I'm not sure about this one, but its worth a look. (EW Review)
Weeds - A suburban housewife that supports her family by dealing drugs. I've seen a few random episodes and enjoyed the humor. (EW Review)
Califonication - Starts this week and stars David Duchovney (of X-Files fame) as a foul mouthed novelist with issues.

There is more to check out on Showtime because they do a better job than HBO at keeping older episodes On Demand. I would check out Entourage, The Wire and a few others if they were all available.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

i hate john from cincinatti so much, but i can't turn away. it's so damn confusing and terrible, but yet somehow so good. dexter is pretty cool. enjoy all of the new channels.