Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter Mania!

It seems like July is turning into the month of Harry Potter, and I'm starting to get excited!

First up, the 5th movie in the series, Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix, opens this weekend. A large group of us have tickets to see the movie in IMAX 3D this Saturday, and I can't wait. I'm not sold on the 3D part of this experience yet, but the film is getting pretty good reviews, especially considering the fact that the source is the darker 896 page novel. I'll definitely post my review after we see it.

More importantly, the final novel in the best selling series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, hits stores on July 21st. To refresh my memory, I had hoped to reread the earlier novels in the series before reading this one, but I've run out of time and that will have to wait. Instead, I'll read short summaries online (maybe on Wikipedia) and finish the last book series before I run into any spoilers. I would hate to have any of my enjoyment ruined by learning the fates of the characters before I read it myself. Anyone have guesses (PLEASE NO SPOILERS) on what's going to happen?

No comments: