If you haven't heard yet, the nominees for the 59th annual Primetime Emmys were announced yesterday. A full list of the award candidates are available at the official website, but I want to write specifically about Lost being omitted from the best drama category.
I think this is terrible! Lost had a great season that was definitely deserving of a nod. I know I've written about my love of Lost before, but anyone out there has to believe that Lost is better than the trash that is Boston Legal. It doesn't make sense that a show that received nominations for its sound editing, camera editing, directing (Jack Bender), writing (Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof), and acting (Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson) wouldn't get nominated for best series. Don't all of the above add up to a great series?
In addition to Lost's snob and Legal's inclusion, the show Heroes was nominated! Now, I know Heroes is a hot, water-cooler type show, but I believe the established show that repaved the way for serial sci-fi fantasy series on primetime TV (Lost) should get nominated over the newcomer that is still trying to establish itself (Heroes).
I'm still shocked, and I'm not the only one. You can read more opinions on TVGuide.com, where Matt Roush says "Instead, we get the uneven, overrated Heroes in the mix, which at least refreshingly defies the usual jinx against fantasy/sci-fi shows. Still, with Lost out of the running, the Emmys might as well take place on some remote desert island for all I now care."
And, a great detailed article about the nomination process from Newsweek says " "Through the Looking Glass" earned well-deserved nominations in both the writing and the directing categories, but the show still failed to earn a nomination for best drama series."
Ok, I'm going to stop ranting now before I even get started on the snub of Elizabeth Mitchell...
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment