Last week I finished watching Season 1 of Dexter on Showtime On Demand. This dark drama stars Michael C. Hall as blood spatter expert and serial killer Dexter Morgan. I don't want to give away too much of the show's season 1 plot, but early in life, Dexter's adoptive father (Harry) realized he wasn't quite normal. To protect him, Harry taught Dexter a code of rules that Dexter follows. He only murders others who have killed and that escape the long arm of the law. Its an interesting premise, and the cast is great. I found myself very engaged in what seems to be a very dark show. In addition, Dexter is evil, but is portrayed in a way that actually makes you feel for (and with) him. Its not very often that you find yourself rooting for a serial killer!I'm glad I finished season 1 when I did, because Season 2 starts at the end of September! Also in putting together this post, I learned that the show is actually based on a series of books (Darkly Dreaming Dexter is the first).
No comments:
Post a Comment